The process of uninstalling the Print Scout is different for print servers and client workstations. The following section describes how to uninstall the Print Scout from print servers and from workstations. When you uninstall a Print Scout, it sends a notification to Beacon; the Scout State property is updated to Uninstalled.
Uninstalling the Print Scout from print servers
To uninstall the Print Scout from print servers running Windows Server 2008 R2:
1. Go to Programs > Pharos Systems International > Pharos Print Scout
2. Click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
To uninstall the Print Scout from print servers running Windows Server 2012 or greater:
1. On the Start screen, select Uninstall Print Scout.
NOTE: By default, the Print Scout will leave its configuration data and log files in case you choose to re-install the Scout at a later date. You can fully remove the Print Scout by deleting the following folder:
Uninstall the Print Scout from client workstations
To uninstall the Print Scout from client workstations, run the Print Scout deployment package from the command prompt together with the /uninstall command.
1. Open the Windows command prompt.
2. At the Windows command prompt type the following:
You can also add the /clean command to delete all existing Print Scout settings and local data files, including those that have not been sent to the server. Type the following:
PrintScoutInstaller.exe /uninstall /clean
3. Click Uninstall to proceed and then click Finish to exit the installer. The following message may appear. Click OK to finish uninstalling.