The Color Volume value shows the percentage of color pages printed out of the total number of pages printed. Use this metric to determine how much color printing is done at your site. Color volume is calculated using the following formula:
Color Volume = (Number of color pages / Total pages) * 100
- A green gauge indicates that the color volume is under the configured target.
- A yellow gauge indicates that the color volume is close to, but not over the target.
- A red gauge indicates that the color volume is over the target.
Why is this important?
Color printing is typically 8 times more expensive than black & white printing. If your color volume is high, consider the following questions:
- Is this amount of color printing justified?
- Could some of these color documents be printed in black and white instead?
- Should we consider new policies to reduce the amount of color printing?