You can use the Device Inventory screen to help you manage your device inventory. For example, you can remove devices that are no longer in service while retaining the ability to run historical reports on your retired devices. This can help you to understand changes to your device fleet over time. To do this, you use the Set Service button; it enables you to toggle devices from an "In Service" state to an "Out of Service" state, and vice-versa.
- On the Inventory screen, verify that the In Service column is displayed. (To view this column, click the Columns button and then select In Service.)
- Select one or more devices with the same In Service state (either True or False).
- Click the Set Service button.
- Click OK to change the current state of the selected device(s). Or, click Cancel to keep the current service state.
Merging devices is another common device inventory management task. When a service event assigns a new serial number to a device, you can prevent the device from reporting as a new device. On the Inventory screen, simply merge the old data with the new data:
- Select the two device entries.
- Click the Merge button.
Import Cost and Metadata Information
Click the Import button. Choose your CSV file and map the information appropriately. You can also click the Preview tab to confirm your mapping. Then, just click OK.
Note: this tab shows local and network device information.