If you want to use an external data source other than Active Directory, for example an HR solution, follow these steps:
- Using your HR system, export your print user information into a CSV file.
- Import the file manually using the instructions here. (Note: Automatic imports will use the same field mappings set in the most recent manual print user import.)
- Select one Print Scout that will perform the automatic import. Click Collect, Check the box to “Make this Scout a Print User Info Collector” and then select “Monitored Folder – import CSV File.”
- Important: A Print Scout may only be configured to perform automatic imports if it is installed in PrintServer mode. PrintServer mode is the default for Print Scouts installed on server class operating systems. You can view a Print Scout's current mode in the Deployment column in the Discover > Print Scout context.
- When installing a Print Scout on a workstation, you can specify PrintServer mode using the parameter /printserver )
- Uniprint Print Scouts do not include automatic import functionality.
- Restart the Pharos Systems Print Scout Service.
- Copy the CSV file containing the print user information to the UserDataUpload folder located in C:\Program Data\PharosSystems\PrintScout\Stores.
Once you copy the CSV file to the UserDataUpload folder, the Print Scout will import the data to the Beacon server after about a minute. The information for print users who have printed at least once will be updated in Beacon.
All of the imported files will be moved to the Uploaded folder. The next time you want to update print user information, all you need to do is copy your new CSV file to the UserDataUpload folder. The Print Scout monitors this folder; any time a new import file appears in this folder, it's automatically uploaded to the Beacon server.