NOTE: Before you proceed with the following steps, you must first configure the print user information import schedule. In Beacon, go to Discover > Print Scout. You can configure the Print Scout to perform print user imports daily, weekly, or monthly.
If you're using Active Directory as the source of your print user information, follow these steps to enable scheduled import.
- Select one Print Scout that will perform the scheduled import.
- Click Collect, and then check the box to “Make this Scout a Print User Info Collector.”
- Set Print User Information Source to “Directory Service – scheduled import.”
- Configure the import schedule.
- Restart the Pharos Systems Print Scout Service.
The import will run based on the schedule downloaded from the Beacon server. The Print Scout will export user information from Active Directory and upload it to the Beacon server. The exported file will be saved as a CSV file in the C:\ProgramData\PharosSystems\PrintScout\Stores\HrExport folder, which will be immediately uploaded to the Beacon server. The information for print users who have printed at least once will be updated in Beacon.
NOTE: To connect to Active Directory, the selected Print Scout uses the domain account of the machine on which it is installed.