Before you install the Uniprint Scout, we strongly recommend that you already have the Beacon Device Scout installed and successfully pulling data.
Uniprint Scout Installation Overview
The Uniprint Scout must be installed on Uniprint Servers to track printing in a Uniprint environment. The following steps summarize how to install the Uniprint Scout and deploy it to multiple clients and/or print servers.
- Download the Uniprint Scout installer from Beacon: Go to Discover > Print Scout > Download.
- Set up the first Uniprint Scout:
- Install the Uniprint Scout on a Uniprint Server.
- Register the Uniprint Scout. After a successful registration, a configuration settings file will be created. You will use this file to register subsequent Uniprint Scout installations.
- Deploy the Uniprint Scout on all other Uniprint Servers.
- Verify that the Uniprint Scouts are successfully installed: Go to Discover > Print Scout.
Installing the Uniprint Scout
To install the Uniprint Scout:
1. Download the Uniprint Scout installer: Go to Discover > Print Scout > Download.
2. In the Print Scout Downloads dialog box, click the Uniprint Scout link.
3. Install the Uniprint Scout on your Uniprint Servers by running the file Uniprint_PrintScoutInstaller.msi. The following screen will appear:
4. Click Next to continue. Read and accept the terms and conditions of the End-User License Agreement.
5. Click Install to proceed. When the installation is complete, click Finish.
Connecting the Uniprint Scout to Beacon
When the installation is complete, the Uniprint Scout Configuration dialog box appears. You will use this dialog box to register the Uniprint Scout with Beacon. This process captures the configuration and registration details and applies them automatically to subsequent Uniprint Scout installations.
1. In the Server Configuration section of the Uniprint Scout Configuration dialog box, enter the server address of the Beacon server to which the Uniprint Scout will be registered.
2. Click Test to attempt a remote connection to Beacon. If the test is successful, you will see a green check mark, as shown above.
3. Click Save.
Next, you'll need to register the Uniprint Scout with Beacon.