Before you begin
Before installing the Device Scout, we recommend you to read the following documents:
Depending on your license, the Device Scout will:
- Continually discover and collect information from your network print devices and sends that information back to Beacon. The Device Scout runs various tasks on defined schedules, which include discovering new devices on the network and collecting meter, supply, status and alert information (requires Fleet Manager/Print Analytics license).
- Control the Sentry Print app running on the printer (requires a Sentry Print license).
NOTE: Normally a site would need only one Device Scout. However, a site with a large number of network devices spread across different networks (e.g. geographically dispersed sites), it may be necessary to distribute Device Scouts across multiple servers.
Installing the Device Scout
1. Once the setup package is downloaded and unzipped, double-click setup.exe to start the installation. You will be presented with the following Welcome screen.
Note: If you haven't already installed the required .NET Framework 4.6.1, a screen prompting you to install the .NET 4.6.1 appears. Click OK to install .NET Framework 4.6.1. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
2. Click Next to continue. Read and accept the terms and conditions of the End-User License Agreement.
3. Click the Change button if you want to install the Device Scout in a different folder. Otherwise, accept the default folder and click Next.
4. Click Install to proceed.
5. Click Finish to exit the installer.