Finding your stuff
There are a number of ways to help you find people, places, and content in your community. Searching, browsing, filtering, tagging, sorting, and bookmarking help you keep track of and locate the things you need.
- Search to find people, places, or content by typing what you’re searching for into the Search field in the upper right corner. Matching results appear in a box below the field as you type. If you have tagged content, enter the tags into the search field to quickly find that information. To refine your search results, click the View All Results link and select options from the Search page.
- Browse the people, places, and content tabs to help find things you may have seen before, or to discover things you may not yet know about. Choose from the filtering options on the side and top menus within the Browse screen to narrow your options.
- Filter people, places, or content by specific categories to find more targeted results. In your Inbox, filter your Communications using the Filter dropdown menu. Filter selections in your Browse menu by entering words into the Type to filter by text field, or click the Filter by tag button, then enter tags or browse for more tags.
- Tags make it easy for you and others to find content when searching. Add tags to the Tags field on documents, discussions, blogs, and polls to make them searchable. You can even add tags to your profile so people can find you more easily. To add tags to your status updates type a # before words you’d like to use as tags.
- Sort allows you to view content in an order that is meaningful to you. On your Activity page, you can sort your activity stream by clicking the All Items, Matters Most, Status Updates, that appear under the Filter dropdown. On your Content menu, you can sort your results by clicking into the open field pre-populated with "Type to filter by text".
- Bookmarks are links you create to specific pieces of content in your Jive community or to web sites on the Internet that you can quickly reference in your bookmarks menu. Bookmark content you view by clicking the Bookmark icon on the menu to the right of the content window, or bookmark web sites by clicking Create > Bookmark and entering information into the Create a bookmark pop-up box.
- Additionally, know that on your profile overview page, the tabs running along the top of the page (bio, activity, content, connections, places, tasks, bookmarks) surface information about you: your bio, your content, your connections, etc…