Creating a Status Update
Status updates let you share what’s going on right now with others in your community. You can add links, pictures, or @mention a person, a place, or a piece of content to increase the visibility of your update.
To create a status update:
- Click Create in the top navigation bar, and click Status Update from the dropdown menu. You can also create a status update by clicking in the What’s Going On? field at the top of your Activity pagey (get there by clicking your name in the upper right hand corner and selecting Inbox & Activity from the drop down menu). The field expands and gives you buttons to post, upload a photo, and @mention.
- Enter your update and include any photos or @mentions you’d like to include.
- Include tags if you’d like your status update to be searchable later. Entering # before a word in your status update turns that word into a tag.
- Click the Post button to post your update.
- Your update will appear in the activity streams of people who are following you and anyone who you @mention. It will also appear in the activity streams of the people who are following a group or piece of content you @mention.