Setting Up Your Profile and Privacy Settings
Setting up your profile is the first step to becoming active in this community. Your user profile provides other members with an easy way to learn about your experience, skills, industry and interests. Your profile shows up in search results when other members search for keywords contained in your profile. You can update your information at any time.
To set up your profile:
- Click on your name in the upper right corner. In the actions list that pops up, click Edit profile & privacy.
- Fill in as much profile information as you like. Required fields are starred (*). Note that your profile will be found when people search, so if you have professional roles, expertise, or interests that would be useful for others to know, be sure to include them.
- Click Save.
- Also available from the Actions menu are a few additional setup options:
- Change photo & avatar allows you to upload photos and avatars to your profile. Your photo is a great way for people to "meet" and recognize you in person. Your avatar is a small picture that appears next to your content, comments, and status updates to let Pharos colleagues quickly recognize you with a simple visual cue.
- Edit profile & privacy allows you to edit your profile and change your privacy settings. Privacy settings control how different types of users see your profile. To access your privacy settings, click the Privacy Settings tab at the top of the Edit Profile page.
- For each profile field, select the type of user who can view it. If you select everyone, then all users can see the contents of that field. Make sure you don’t hide too much about yourself because that's how others will connect with you. Your system administrator may also control who sees certain fields.
- You can view your profile as others see it. In the Preview your profile box to the right, click the View your profile as: drop down menu and select a user type to see what information they can see.
- Click the Save button to return to your profile page.
- Edit preferences allows you to modify the way you view responses to discussions and comments, how your email is delivered from Jive, your language, and your location settings.
- Change password allows you to change your password.
- Download vcard allows you to download a vcard to your email address book.
- Invite friends to join allows you to invite other Pharos colleagues to join Jive.