I am pleased to bring to you the availability of Pharos MobilePrint 1.3.1, which builds off of the success of our previous MobilePrint versions and offers much more. For those that haven’t yet taken advantage of this technology, MobilePrint is a solution that seamlessly integrates with all the existing Pharos capabilities you enjoy today (or may be considering), making the jobs of users (students/employees) as well as administrators and IT professionals much easier.
This simple, secure and flexible printing environment means:
- Email-to-print, web-to-print, web release, and more…
- No driver or application downloads are required.
- You can submit your job and release it at any Pharos-secured printer.
- It’s easy to manage user account transactions (free print, tracking, chargeback).
- High level of document fidelity, supporting all the most common file formats.
- Superior document security with Pharos Secure Release Here® technology.
- High availability and scalability for universities and organizations of any size.
What’s New with MobilePrint 1.3.1?
- Web Submission and Release
Users can now release their jobs from their computers as well as mobile devices using a web interface that allows them to upload documents up to 50MB in size, change finishing options, preview, delete, and print documents, as well as, view their balance(s) and print job cost(s).
- Additional File Formats
MobilePrint already supported Microsoft® Office documents and PDFs, the most commonly printed documents. Now with MobilePrint 1.3.1 it now also supports the printing of a variety of image files, Open Document Format files, and web links to the supported document types.
- Improved E-mail Registration security
Users can register additional addresses (if allowed) by entering their email into the internal authenticated Web Release website. Then, once they confirm the request from that email account, they can submit jobs. Organizations can make the process even simpler by prepopulating each user’s email address in the Pharos software.
- Spam filtering
Additional configuration options to protect your infrastructure.
- Pharos Web Administrator
Simplification of the administration and additional configuration options allow for improvements to the user experience.