It’s my pleasure to announce the availability of Uniprint 8.3 Print Services hotfix for download.
This hotfix addresses the issues below:
- Adds support for the use of DNS aliases for server names.
- In scripting, the Win32.GetJob value returned for the MachineName property of a print job was unintentionally returning the name of the server the job was sent to, rather than the originating client machine name. The value now returns the client machine name as per previous versions of Uniprint. This value is used for sending messages to a user regarding their print job, when the job is not submitted via a Popup-package installed printer.
- A record for each submitted print job is held in the Secure Release Service job store database for the lifetime of the job. Popup data stored along with the print job record is now encrypted.
- When using an executable billing plug-in, where the balance call returns multiple balances, these individual balances were combined to give only a single total displayed at a release station. Following application of this hot fix, multiple balances are now individually listed (along with the total balance).
- A performance enhancement for the PrintEndJob plug-in point has been added. For all information, please review the readme file included with the hotfix.
For all information, please review the readme file included with the hotfix.