- Microsoft Windows 10 "Creators' Build" (1709)
- Pharos Systems Print Scout for Blueprint (any version lower than 126.96.36.1999)
- ERROR: Flame icon with "This app is preventing shutdown." message.
- ERROR: Flame icon with "This app is preventing restart." message.
- Screen capture of message:
NOTE: If the "Restart/Shut Down Anyway" button is not pressed, the screen will persist for a few moments and then return to the user's desktop session.
There has been a change to the “WM_ENDSESSION” message provided by the Microsoft Windows 10 Build 1709 operating system. When this change was implemented in this build of the operating system is unknown at this time. This change, however, has resulted in many applications, including the Print Scout’s “PSClientTray.exe” executable that drives the system tray UI for Secure Release Here job management, to misinterpret the message and not close during a restart or shutdown event.
Install the attached Pharos Systems Print Scout for Blueprint version 188.8.131.529. This version correctly handles the "WM_ENDSESSION" message across all current (Jan 2018) Microsoft Windows versions.