- Pharos Systems MobilePrint 2.0
- Canon imageRUNNER multifunction device
- Canon imageRUNNER Advanced multifunction device
- Pharos Systems Print Center
- Pharos Systems iMFP for Canon
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2012 Server
- Jobs do not print with expected attributes.
- Single sided jobs print double sided.
- Double sided jobs print single sided.
- Black and white jobs print in color.
- Color jobs print in black and white.
While Pharos Systems MobilePrint allows users to change the finishing options of jobs that have already been rendered by the print driver (plex mode, number of copies, color mode, and number of pages per sheet), some driver manufacturers have chosen to use proprietary (non-standard) attributes instead. By manipulating the printer driver configuration and managing the defaults for the user account running the MobilePrint Worker service, much of this can be resolved.
1. Log into the server using the account that runs the MobilePrint Worker service.
2. Go into Properties for the queue utilizing the Canon imageRUNNER-ADV 5045 PCL6 driver.
3. On the General tab, click the "Preferences" tab. Configure preferences here for SINGLE-SIDED finishing and COLOR mode. Click OK and APPLY this change.
4. Go to the Advanced tab. Uncheck the "Enable Advanced Printing Features" option. APPLY this change.
5. While on the Advanced tab, click the "Printing Defaults" button. Configure preferences here for SINGLE-SIDED finishing and COLOR mode. Click OK and APPLY this change.
Once this has been done, launch the MobilePrint Administrator web page and ensure that the Canon devices is using the iR-ADV PCL driver and that the "Black and White Conversion" is being handled by the Printer.