Before you begin the upgrade, you should complete the following tasks:
- Read the “Blueprint Installation Guide” in the Documentation folder on the Blueprint disk image and ensure that your current installation meets the requirements for the version to which you are upgrading. These planning steps are just as critical for the upgrade as for a new installation.
- Read the “Readme.htm” document. There may be additional release notes related to your upgrade.
- Back up the Blueprint Analyst database.
- Back up all configuration files. This is most easily done by running the Installation Configuration Collector tool, PharosSystems.Core.InstallConfigCollector.exe. This is installed in the PharosSystems\Blueprint\bin directory. Run the tool by double-clicking on it. All files are written to a zip file called InstallationDetails.zip, which is created in the local Temp directory of the logged on account.
- Obtain versions of all custom integrations suitable for the version to which you are upgrading. Custom integrations must be upgraded separately from the main product. Contact Pharos Professional Services about upgrading custom integrations.
- If your Blueprint Analyst is running SQL Server 2000, either upgrade to SQL Server 2005 or migrate the databases to an existing SQL Server 2005 instance. In the latter case, the SQL Server must not be hosting Blueprint databases for another Blueprint server.
- The Blueprint Enterprise 4.2 installer will upgrade an existing installation. The installer supports upgrading from Blueprint Enterprise 3.1 and higher. However, it will not upgrade the original Blueprint Enterprise 3.5 release. You must have the Blueprint Enterprise 3.5 service pack 1 and/or Blueprint Enterprise 3.5 hot-fixes installed. Blueprint Enterprise 4.2 will directly upgrade Blueprint Enterprise 3.5 R2.
- When upgrading Blueprint Enterprise, all Blueprint components should be upgraded to the same version. Click to see the order in which you should upgrade the components.