- Pharos Blueprint Enterprise 5.0 (any service pack level)
- Pharos Blueprint Enterprise 5.1 (any service pack level)
- Pharos Blueprint Enterprise 5.2 R1 (any service pack level)
- Pharos Blueprint Enterprise 5.2 R2 (any service pack level)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
When installing Blueprint 5.x the initial Tracker and EDI web service tests fail with the message "The underlying connection was closed: an unexpected error occurred on a receive."
This error happens because SSL is enabled for the Tracker web service (where it is optional) and the EDI web service (where it is enabled by default and required). However, the server has not been enabled to support any cipher (TLS 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2; 1.2 is only available for Blueprint Enterprise 5.2 R1 Service Pack 3 or Blueprint Enterprise 5.2 R2).
The necessary ciphers can be enabled using Windows Registry.
- Launch RegEdit.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols. Within there, look for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1.
- Expand each to expose the Client and Server subkeys.
- When selected, the key will have a value, "Enabled". Change it to a Hexadecimal value of 1. Ensure that each subkey's "Enabled" value is set to 1 for TLS 1.0 and 1.1. If necessary, only TLS 1.1 needs to be enabled.
- When completed, restart the server.
From this point, the SSL-enabled web services will pass their tests.